Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday's Tip!!



Welcome to Thursday's Tip!!
Today I am sharing how I store my Baker's Twine, Linen Thread and other thin, twiny ribbon!  My sideline shared this with us at our upline's meeting and I LOVED it!  And then I adapted it a little to store my contraband, non-SU Baker's Twine in all those yummy colors!!  
For the SU Twine (Baker's and Regular) and the Linen Thread, I took a Stampin' Store container (found in the IBC on page 226, item #103649, $3.95 for 6), punched a hole in the container with my Crop-a-Dile (IBC, pg 207, item #108362, $29.95), and then inserted an eyelet (SU no longer sells them -- SORRY!!) and finish it with your Crop-a-Dile.  (Don't make your hole too far down or you won't be able to get your Crop-a-Dile in there to squeeze the eyelet closed -- ask me how I know this!!)  I wound my Baker's Twine around one of the plastic centers from a used spool of our ribbon.  If the bobbin is too tall, I just trimmed it with a Dremel tool.  I keep mine on one of my Stackin' Store Caddy (IBC, pg 226, item #109127, $34.95)...very convenient!!
For my non-SU Baker's Twine, I found the silver containers at Michael's and AC Moore's in the Bridal section...they are table favors!  I did the same thing (punched a hole and inserted an eyelet) and then I typed the names of each color on clear labels.  I then adhered a piece of magnet on the back of the container and stuck it to a small magnetic board.  I didn't even use ribbon spools for these...and it seems to be working okay.
I love how the Baker's Twine doesn't get knotted or dirty and I know exactly where it is and how much I have left!!



Contact me for more information!
THANKS and as always...

Happy Stampin' & Scrappin'!
Sarah Williams
Stampin’Up! ® Demonstrator
http://stampscrapwithsarah.blogspot.com/
757-235-5339          StampinUp.Sarah@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment