Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Technique Tuesday!!!

 
Welcome to Technique Tuesday!!  
(Sorry...I don't know why this didn't post yesterday!)

Today I am featuring the technique Split Negative....This is a really easy technique, but it makes a HUGE impact!  I like the White / Black contrast, but you could also try other colors!  How about a monochromatic color scheme? 

 
 
Technique instructions:  Stamp your image on a light colored cardstock first in dark ink.  Clean stamp and then stamp your image on dark cardstock with white or light ink.  I cut both images in half...that way I get two cards at the same time (mirror images).  Line up each side (one side light, the other side dark) and adhere together.  Adhere image to mat if desired!  On my sample, I had the reverse color mat behind the image (black/white) and then adhered the matted image to a piece of red cardstock for contrast!


THANKS and as always...

Happy Stampin' & Scrappin'!
Sarah Williams
Stampin’Up! ® Demonstrator
http://stampscrapwithsarah.blogspot.com/ 
757-235-5339          StampinUp.Sarah@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment