Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday's Tip!!!

Stampin'Up!  Small Embellishment Storage
 
Non-SU Small Embellishment Storage
 
Welcome to Thursday's Tip!!
 
Today I am sharing how I store my small embellishments...eyelets, brads, etc.  Because I am a Stampin'Up! demonstrator, I DO keep my SU! embellishments SEPARATE from my non-SU!  This just makes it easier when I am doing a class or workshop...I can just go to my SU Stack & Store Caddy and pull from them!  I have two Stack & Store Caddys (I got mine FREE from SU with my Great Rewards Points!) and they are WONDERFUL!!!  Most of SU's small embellishments come in the Stack & Store Containers...but if you need more, you can purchase them separately.  As you can see, I also keep my Baker's Twine, Linen Thread and regular Twine here too!  The Stack & Store Caddy and Containers are available in the IBC, pg 226, Caddy is # 109127 ($34.95) and the Containers are item # 103649 (set of 6 for $3.95).  
Stack & Store Caddy from SU

 
However, I have been scrapping (and card making) for ALOT of years and I have ALOT of non-SU stuff...so I had to figure out a way to store them.  Since I am a "color" scrapper...what I mean is that I don't look for a certain type of embellishment (like an eyelet or brad), nor do I look for a certain manufacturer...I look for a COLOR!  So I figured I would sort my small embellishments by color!  Made sense to me!  I wanted something that wouldn't take up very much counter space, but I like for things to be visible...if I see it, I tend to use it more.  I first thought of getting a lazy susan and putting containers on it...but my best friend saw a revolving spice rack and, after making sure that the spice jars had a large enough mouth, figured it would be PERFECT!!  I now have 18 separate containers separated by color!  It works great for me!  




 

 
Contact me for more information!
 
THANKS and as always...

Happy Stampin' & Scrappin'!
Sarah Williams
Stampin’Up! ® Demonstrator
http://stampscrapwithsarah.blogspot.com/
757-235-5339          StampinUp.Sarah@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment